March 11, 2009

10 Manly Things Dad Should Have Taught You

1) Drinking - I had my first beer at 10, thought it was disgusting then. However, what was nasty then, is gold now.

2) Shooting a gun - My dad and I were shooting a BB gun around the house (because it would be stupid to let a kid shoot a real gun) and he managed to gun down a hummingbird (true story).

3) Fishing - Essential to surviving in the wilderness. All you need is some floss, a paper clip, and a bag of gummy worms.

4) BBQing/Grilling - You don't see George foreman using pots/pans...you see him grilling shit...like steak and chicken!

5) Fighting/ Fighting Dirty - After getting into a fight at 7, my dad said, "what happen? you win?" I said, "no, he kicked my ass." Instead of saying, "good thing you didn't get hurt," he replied with "Well go back out there and fight again. Kick him in the shins if you have to."

6) The Birds and the Bees - Awkward, but necessary.

7) Fixing a Car - Changing tires, oil, etc. However I don't pay insurance for nothing, so when I get a busted tire on the road, I call AAA.

8) Driving a manual transmission - because all the fast exotic cars in the world are NOT automatic

9) Sports - whether its playing or just watching, this is the basis of all things manly.

10) Look Badass (tie a neck tie, cuff links, suit, shine shoes) - because you need to look P.I.M.P to get laid.

What else am I missing?

7 comments:

  1. Sharpen a knife, build a fire, car maintenance (oil change, change a tire, etc.), set up a tent, pull a sliver, split wood, and a few more. I think you got the top 10 though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kill a bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. hunt a human being

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just need to give an amen ESPECIALLY to #7 and #8. 'cuz u don't want ur new gf calling her old bf when ur together and her car starts smoking up cuz ur fag ass don't know nothin bout cars. aaaand i drive a stick. it's not a make it or break it. but if my man can't drive one i will secretly always think i have biger balls than he does.

    oh yah and i'm a girl lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNOW WHO THIS GIRL IS above...she acts like a dude...real butch chick..hahahahaa!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Club Sportiva (SF) and I disagree with #8.

    Most car enthusiasts say they strongly prefer to row their own gears yet exotic car sales show just the opposite. Paddle shifted transmission sales are approaching 100% for Ferrari and Lamborghini. A lot of the special Ferrari models are only offered in F1, like the 430 Scuderia, 360 Challenge Stradale and Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very well said!

    ReplyDelete